Bulgaria Air is the national carrier of Bulgaria and its main hub is Sofia Airport. The airline offers over 20 direct flights to destinations in Europe, the Middle East, and Russia, as well as domestic flights to the Black Sea airports in Varna and Burgas. Charter flights operated by Bulgaria Air cover an extra 100 destinations.
To ensure the comfort of its passengers Bulgaria Air offers web check-in for a number of destinations. Read on to learn more about who can check-in online, how and when, plus options for passengers who would need to check-in at the airport.
Passengers who have booked a ticket with Bulgaria Air can check in for their flight quickly and conveniently using their computer at home or at work.
Use the Bulgaria Air online check-in service to avoid waiting at the airport and to:
- register for your flight
- select a seat onboard of the plane
- check in your luggage.
Passengers can check in online at the Bulgaria Air website using their booking number and last name. Once you are through with your web check-in, you can print out your boarding pass and prepare it with the rest of your travel documents. Alternatively, you can have your boarding pass printed at the Business counter (Drop off) at the airport before departure.
Passengers who have checked in online can avoid the long wait at the departure airport. Depending on your luggage, you will have to be at the airport:
- at least 40 minutes before scheduled departure time if you are travelling with your cabin bag only; just go directly to border control and the gate for boarding;
- at least 1 hour before departure if you are travelling with a check-in suitcase; leave your checked baggage at the Business counter (drop off) in this case.
Note that these are the minimum requirements and large and busy airports would need longer to process all passengers, so leave 2 hours for Sofia airport.
Important: Online check-in is only offered for direct flights operated by Bulgaria Air. If your flight number is within the range FB1000-1999, you will not be able to use the web check-in option.
The web service is also available only for groups of up to 9 passengers travelling together.
The web check-in service is available to passengers departing from a number of airports:
- Domestic: Sofia, Varna, Bourgas
- International: Amsterdam, Athens, Berlin, Brussels, Frankfurt, Larnaca, London, Milan, Moscow (Sheremetyevo), Prague, Rome, Tel Aviv, Vienna and Zurich.
In case web check-in is not available at your departure point, you can check in at the airport with your travel documents - ID or passport.
Bulgaria Air flights open for web check-in 24 hours prior to take-off and close 2 hours before departure.
Online check-in is available for all direct flights departing from the airports listed above. However, passengers who require special care will have to check in at the airport.
Web check-in is not available for:
- Passengers who need assistance at departure/ landing and passengers using a wheelchair;
- Children aged 5-12 who are travelling without escort;
- Passengers travelling with pets (either in the cabin or transported in the baggage hold);
- Passengers transporting large musical instruments that need an extra seat;
- Passengers carrying arms and ammunition;
- Groups of more than 9 persons.
All Bulgaria Air passengers can bring a piece of hand luggage free of charge (up to 10 kg) plus 1 laptop bag/ personal item. Checked luggage allowance varies depending on the tariff.
Economy class passengers are allowed 1 piece of checked luggage (up to 23 kg) in addition to the cabin bag.
Business class passengers have the right to an extra piece of hand bag (the 2 pieces of cabin baggage must have a total weight of up to 15 kg), plus 2 pieces of checked luggage (maximum total weight 32 kg).
If you are keen on winter sports, with Bulgaria Air you can enjoy the winter season and take free of charge your ski/ snowboard equipment on board the plane.
Passengers travelling to countries with visa requirements can check-in at the Drop off counter at the airport. The airport desk staff will check their visa and documents there before they can proceed to border control.
The Frequent flyer programme of Bulgaria Air is called Fly More. Points can be exchanged for:
- Bonus tickets with Bulgaria Air
- Extra luggage
- Vouchers for Business lounge
- Fly More members earn 500 bonus points per rental worldwide with Sixt.
Passengers can book a Sixt rental car and enjoy mobility, comfort and quality at over 4000 locations in more than 105 counties.
Bulgaria Air also offers charter flights to over 100 destinations, as well as wet and dry lease.
Travellers can also transport their pets using the airline’s special service.
- Your flight departed from or arrived at an airport in the EU
- Your delay exceeded 3 hours at arrival
- The airline was responsible for the disruption.
The amount of your compensation depends on the length of your journey and delay as follows:
|€ 250||€ 400||€ 600|
|Less than 1500 km||Between 1500 & 3500 km||More than 3500 km|
In case you are not sure if you can apply or not confident if you can fight for your rights, let us help you! Use our free compensation calculator to check if you are eligible and claim your compensation with SkyRefund.