TUI Flight Cancellation and Delay Compensation
How to claim TUI Compensation?
If you need to cancel your TUI Airways ticket, you will probably have to pay cancellation fees, apart from losing the money you already paid. So it is good news that if the airline is the one who cancels your flight, they will be obliged to reimburse you.
Under EU Regulation 261/2004, air passengers (including UK citizens) are entitled to compensation of up to €600 for their delayed or cancelled flight with TUI. SkyRefund can help you claim your compensation without any of the usual hassle. Simply submit your TUI flight details (the flight number and date) and we will take care of the rest.
We have a “No win, No fee” pricing policy, so you won’t owe us anything unless we get a reimbursement for your ruined travel plans. If we are successful, our commission will be 35% of the claimed compensation amount (VAT included).
When can you claim flight compensation from TUI Airways?
According to EC 261, you are entitled to compensation if:
- Your TUI flight arrived at your final destination more than 3 hours late.
- Your TUI flight was cancelled and you were informed less than 14 days before the scheduled flight date.
- You were denied boarding to a TUI flight service (e.g. due to overbooking).
How much TUI flight delay compensation can you receive?
The flight distance and the duration of the delay determine how much compensation you are owed. You can consult the table below for the exact amounts and use our free calculator to check if you have a valid claim.
|Less than 1500 km
|Between 1500 & 3500 km
|More than 3500 km
TUI Flight Delay Compensation
In order to claim compensation, three important conditions have to be met:
- Your flight departed from an EU airport or you flew with an EU-registered airline;
- You arrived at your final destination at least 3 hours late (the flight delay is calculated as the difference between the scheduled and the actual time of arrival);
- Your flight delay was not due to any extraordinary circumstances. That would mean factors that cannot be prevented by the airline and the most common examples include:
- Bad weather (snowstorms, low visibility, sandstorms, etc.);
- Security risks;
- Bird Strikes;
- Air Traffic Control or airport personnel strikes;
- Runway closures and/or other Air Traffic Control restrictions.
TUI Flight Cancellation Compensation
If you experience a flight cancellation by TUI, you are entitled to a replacement flight or a full refund.
In addition, you may be eligible for flight cancellation compensation. The most important condition for claiming compensation is that you were notified of the cancellation less than 14 days before the original flight date.
|Arrival at Final Destination
|14 Days or More
|Your alternate flight arrived at your final destination more than 4 hours late.
|Less than 7 Days
Your alternate flight arrived at your final destination more than 2 hours late.
Right to Care
Apart from everything else, TUI Airways has to assist you in the event of a flight disruption. You can have your food and drinks expenses, as well as accommodation and transport costs covered for the duration of the delay or until the departure of your alternate flight.
If you are denied boarding against your will, you can also claim compensation. The amount of the compensation again depends on the flight distance and varies between €250 and €600.
TUI Airways is the third biggest airline in the UK and the largest charter airline in the world, with 11.8 million passengers in 2019. It is owned by TUI Group which specialises in cruise and package holidays.
TUI’s fleet consists of 56 Boeing aircraft, which serve locations across four continents.
TUI Airlines Rankings
TUI Airways has a 5/10 rating based on customer reviews on Skytrax, the leading website for airline rankings.
In addition, in 2022 Skytrax ranked TUI third in its annual Best Leisure Airlines rankings.