(Photo by Vladyslav Melnyk on Unsplash)
Do you need to visit Cyprus in the near future? There are currently some restrictions, which you should be aware of before making any plans.
In this article, we will answer all your questions regarding the Cyprus Flight Pass required for entry into the country.
We always aim to provide useful information to our clients. SkyRefund is a leader in protecting passenger rights.
Have you experienced any problems with your flights in the last 3 years, such as delay or cancellation? You could be eligible for compensation - check your flight now.
Since the summer of 2020, there has been a requirement for all passengers travelling to Cyprus to fill in a Passenger Locator Form beforehand, also called a Cyprus Flight Pass. This is done in order to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- All adults and children over 12 need to complete the form and present a COVID-19 PCR test.
- Adults require their own form.
- Children under 18 can be included in their parent or guardian’s form.
- Access the official Cyprus Flight Pass page.
- Create an account or sign in if you already have one.
- Enter the required details.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions and legal declarations.
The information that you will have to share as part of your online application is the following:
- Flight details;
- Reason for travel;
- Personal information and contact details;
- Where you will be staying in Cyprus;
- Emergency contact details.
You need to finish the application process at least 24 hours prior to boarding the plane.
It is a good idea to have a printed copy with you.
If the web electronic platform of the Republic of Cyprus is temporarily unavailable due to technical issues or scheduled maintenance, then you will be required to print out and complete the relevant documents.
As of March 1, 2021, Cyprus introduced the country categorization of the European Centre of Disease and Control (ECDC), which classifies countries into green, orange or red categories. This is based on their epidemiological situation.
Depending on which country you come from, the requirements you need to meet are slightly different.
Countries from the green category have the most favorable epidemiological status.
Here is the current list:
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- Hong Kong
- Korea, Republic of
- Czech Republic
- Holy See (Vatican City State)
- San Marino
Any other countries not seen here are treated as a grey (special permission) category. Those include the United Kingdom, Israel, Russia, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Belarus, Rwanda.
The list might be frequently updated, so always check the official website in advance.
As of April 1, 2021, the following will apply:
1. No restrictions for passengers arriving from green category countries.
2. All passengers arriving from ‘orange’ countries must present a negative laboratory analysis of a PCR test within 72 hours prior to departure.
Cypriot citizens, legal residents of the Republic and persons entitled to enter it under the Vienna Convention, can choose to undergo the examination only upon arrival in Cyprus (expenses will be borne by themselves). In this case, they should remain in self-isolation, until the Covid test result is issued - and it is negative.
3. In the red category, a double laboratory testing is required: a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hours prior to departure and another one upon arrival in Cyprus. The expenses will be borne by the travellers. In addition, passengers should remain in self-isolation until the test result is issued.
Cypriot citizens, legal residents of the Republic and persons entitled to enter the Republic under the Vienna Convention can choose to undergo a test only upon arrival in Cyprus (expenses will be borne by themselves).
In this case, they must remain in mandatory self-isolation for 72 hours since arrival and after the end of this time period, they must undergo another PCR test, again at their own expense. If the repeat test is negative, they can then end their quarantine. The test result must be sent to the following email address: [email protected].
4. For the countries from the grey category, entry into the Republic of Cyprus is only allowed for the following categories of passengers:
- Cypriot citizens and family members;
- European citizens, citizens of European Economic Area countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and of Switzerland;
- Persons legally residing in Cyprus;
- Persons entitled to enter Cyprus under the Vienna Convention;
- Third country nationals who are allowed to enter the Republic of Cyprus after a special permission from it.
Passengers arriving from grey category countries shall be required to undergo a PCR laboratory test within 72 hours prior to departure and to have a certificate showing a negative PCR result. Excluding the second category above, passengers may undergo the laboratory test upon their arrival in Cyprus at their own expense.
Those arriving in Cyprus from the special permission category countries must remain in mandatory self-isolation for a period of 14 days or alternatively, for a period of 10 days provided that they undergo another Covid-19 test (at their own expense) on the 10th day and the result is negative. The test result must be sent to the following email address: [email protected] .
Don’t forget that all passengers, regardless of which country they come from, must complete the Cyprus Flight Pass.
We hope this information will facilitate your travel to Cyprus. You can find help and more information at https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy .